Clarification for gatherings and board meetings:
- No visitors are allowed in school buildings per the VPS Preparedness COVID-19 plan
- Gatherings are limited to 10 per MDHHS order, Board Meetings per the Open Meetings Act continue virtually through Dec. 31, 2020
Clarification for returning to remote learning:
- If our region is pushed back into phase 3 all school districts will be required to go into remote learning.
- The Tuscola Health Department will direct decisions and responses in the event there is a quarantine for a grade level, building or district to go remote
- If VPS did not have enough instructional staff to run a face to face program we may go remote
Clarification for when your child is sick:
- Call your school office to report your child is sick and what symptoms they are experiencing
- The Superintendent's office will contact the Tuscola Health Department if your students has any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting or abdominal pain, headache, muscle or body aches, congestion, loss of sense of smell and taste
- The Tuscola Health Department determines if a student should be quarantined and what further steps must be taken
- Your child can return to school after the quarantine period if they are symptom free
For more information please go to the website and the transparency reporting found at https://secure.munetrix.com/ap... call your school office or 989-823-8535 for further information.