Prepare for College
It is never too early to prepare for college. Throughout high school, student's should keep their ultimate college goals in mind as they choose courses to take and careers to investigate. As students at Vassar Junior High and Vassar High School, you are given several opportunites to begin exploring options for your future. When preparing for college, keep the following things in mind:
- Grades - Colleges will look at your transcripts. Good grades are important!
- Get started, early! - Begin to visit colleges early. It is never too early to gather information.
- Visitations - Before choosing a college, visit the campus, attend an open house night or meet with a representative. This is the time to ask valuable questions and get a feel for the school.
- Apply early! - Many schools accept students on a first come, first serve basis. As a rule of thumb, college applications should be submitted by December of your senior year.
- Financial Aid - It is never too early to search for Financial Aid. Generally speaking though, students do not need to seriously explore financial aid options until their senior year.
- Attend a FAFSA information night - VHS offers a student/parent workshop to help understand and fill out the FAFSA form.
Michigan Colleges & Universities
Visit this site to find links and information about Michigan Colleges and Michigan Universities, including admission requirements, financial aid, student loans and scholarships available, campus visits, application deadlines, academic and athletic options. There's never been a better time, or better place, to earn a college degree. The State of Michigan offers a wide selection of colleges, universities, and community colleges - big, small, public or private. Whatever you are looking for in higher education, you will find it here. Even if you can't physically attend classes, there are many online colleges available to fit your budget and schedule.