Wolverine Alternative Education
School Level Parent Involvement Policy
In adherence to the School District Parent Involvement Program, Wolverine Alternative Education strives to inform and involve our students’ parents/guardians. Implementation of new activities/programs this school year will increase our interaction with our parents/guardians. We will adhere to the NCLB parent involvement requirements for Title I schools.
· to use a variety of communication methods for parent contact
· to encourage parent interaction with the school
· to assist parents/guardians in understanding the State’s Content Standards and State Assessments in monitoring their child’s progress
· to implement new activities/programs for parent involvement
· to create and implement program development for student achievement
To Inform Our Parents We Will:
· use Skyward Student Data System with Parent Access
· establish e-mail to contact teachers and administrators
· develop Website
· schedule parent involvement meetings
· hold Annual Title I parent meeting
· send parents quarterly report cards
To Involve Our Parents and Increase Interaction:
· parents are encouraged to read all communications from the school, sign and return forms when required
· parents will have the opportunity to attend conferences set up for the exchange of information of their child’s progress in school
· parents will be able to provide feedback through the annual parent survey
· parents will have available open communication throughout the year through open house, conferences, phone calls, e-mail, IEPs, school website, and Skyward parent access.
Please click the attachment below to open the parent compact.